Slider

Eating Doughnuts

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Well...I woke up this morning with a craving. Doughnuts, not the gross grocery store kind but good doughnuts. I didn't want to wait for the dough to rise at our house so we headed over the the doughnut shop. Our original intention was to stop at the Amish Market, they did not open until 9:30. We then continued the drive up to Columbia where there is a Krispy Kreme, almost as good as the doughnuts that my Grandpa and I used to get at the shop on Main St. We do not buy doughnuts much, this was obvious when they girls walked into the shop and pressed their noses against the glass to watch the dough being fried and then counted how many doughnuts would go through the frosting machine at the same time. We let them each choose a doughnut of their choice and they went to town. After 1 dozen doughnuts were consumed I thought of how much they have grown and how quickly it has gone. Not to many years ago Rob and I would buy a box of doughnuts and throw half of them out because they went bad. Maybe I should not relate how quickly my girls are growing in comparison to how many doughnuts we consumed this morning!
Samantha commented, "when I grow up I want to be a doughnut!"
I said, "you want to be a doughnut?"
She got her sheepish grin and said, "no, I want to be a doughnut worker. Than I can have a doughnut everyday." Yesterday it was a flight nurse today it is a doughnut worker, not sure what tomorrow will bring.
The baby is doing well, we go in for the ultrasound on Monday. I hadn't felt it all morning, until I ate a crispy, sweet little bite of heaven. Two minutes later the kicking began, ahh the sugar rush.

No comments:

Contributors

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan