This past year our family has been making great strides to eat better, healthier, cleaner food for our bodies
December rolled around and I found it hard to balance enjoying treats, traditions and our new life
The girls and I had recently made a pledge to not eat artificial coloring
It's amazing how many food items contain coloring
I checked all the cupboards, and pulled a few items that were lurking around
One of them being "food coloring"
The girls all wondered how we would make our sugar Christmas cookies for Santa?
I found a whole wheat cookie recipe online, still had sugar but the amounts were reduced from the goodies we used to enjoy
Then the challenge of "food coloring" I got creative making a purple frosting w/ blueberries, greenish tint with kale and then sticking with a plain white
The girls were thrilled to get to top the cookies with dried fruit and nuts
The plate was empty Christmas morning, I think Santa liked the cookies too!
No comments:
Post a Comment