A few months back Rob and I were discussing how we could get M&S their driver license before leaving for college
The time for college is still a few years off but there were so many pieces that needed to fall into place
We knew we were going to be in FL for Christmas and the ball starting rolling
Somehow things fell into place and I was able to fly with M&S to Utah and then fly to FL for our R&R (rest & relaxation)
The girls have been hard at work the past few months studying for their drivers test
They technically won't be able to drive in Brasil until they are 18 but it will be nice to send to college with a license and have a few months before they graduate to utilize them as "uber" drivers
Ready to board our plane in Brasilia
It was surreal leaving the country
Enjoying our first "American" food at the airport
I was just really disappointed that Chick-fil-a didn't have their peppermint milkshakes in the airport, but the girlies enjoyed a bagel
After flying for 24+ hours we headed straight for the DMV after a quick pit stop at Café Rio
The girls passed their Driver Permit test, yippee!!
The next evening was gift exchanges with the Bonner cousins
These two are just cuties
Girls night out with the Holman sisters and cousins
These girls are growing so quickly
It's so fun to see my girls join the fun and act like they haven't missed a beat
In three short days we also visited two college campuses
That leaves three more to visit when we return in the summer
What trip to BYU is complete without mint brownies!
Catching up with friends and family at BYU & UVU
I was also thrilled to be in Utah the weekend of the Mormon Tabernacle Christmas concert
Rob was able to secure tickets for us to attend Friday evening
After parking, working our way through crowds and craziness I went to pick up my tickets at will call
Sadly there was a miscommunication and the tickets were for Saturday evening
I tried to plead my case with the doormen and there was no budging
I even used my, "but I've flown all the way from Brasil" sob story
Our option was going into a theater and watching the show on the big screen or go home
My girls wanted to just go home and I was being a bit stubborn and said we would stay
We had come all this way
I was disappointed and knew it would not be the same but just had to be there as my consultation prize
We sat down in comfy theater seats and the show began
It just wasn't the same
Two songs in our nice doorman came in and whispered in my ear, "do you still want to go in?"
"Yes", I almost shouted
He assured me the seats would be in the back
Sure enough as we rode escalator after escalator we were seated on the back row
But it was magnificent and now I can say I've seen a show in the Conference Center
Link for the amazing organ solo that made the night!!
I Saw Three Ships, English Carol Arr. Richard Elliott & Matt Nickle
Link for the amazing organ solo that made the night!!
I Saw Three Ships, English Carol Arr. Richard Elliott & Matt Nickle
My girls also got their Christmas wish...SNOW
Just a dusting but Snow
and then we were greeted by this at the airport
Thankfully we made it through in time for our flight to Florida and the sun














No comments:
Post a Comment