I'm not sure when the trip started to be planned...
maybe 18 months prior
Somehow I managed to meet up with almost all of my sisters, SIL and mom for an amazing 5 days in NYC. NYC holds a special places in all of our hearts. With the 10 years that I spent living in DC I made many trips up to NYC oftentimes with at least one or two of these sisters. When we started talking about a sisters trip NYC naturally seemed like the best fit. Rob and the girls held down the fort and I was in for a great 10 days away. Trip starting in San Antonio, Texas to pickup sister #1
Checking out the Alamo and river walk
and then checking out the cereal isle at the grocery store!!
Loved spending a few days in TX with Meg and her family
and then we were off to the Big Apple
First stop was the World Trade Center memorial and museum
It was a sobering morning for all of us
Enjoying a walk downtown in the city that never sleeps
AHHH, what a delight to walk through a Trader Joe's
This particular store was the largest I had ever been into
This trip's goal was to try and see things we hadn't don't before
Walking the Brooklyn Bridge was one of those things
and of course a few musicals needed to be added in
took the train 1 hour north to an adorable town, Tarrytown where Washington Irving penned the Legend of Sleepy Hollow. All the adorable festive Hallowen decor filled my fall time cup
Another first was touring The Vessel
The Vessel is a mix of a sculpture and a building. It is a gigantic 15-story staircase with 2500 steps.
and then we finished our last day with a foodie tour; cronuts, pizza, mac & cheese, oatmeals, cookies, what more could a girl ask for?
I then boarded a bus with my other sister and her two littles and picked up a car at BWI airport
So happy to round out the trip with a few days in Maryland attending a friends baptism, enjoying a girls night out and being with friends
I remember this beltway...























No comments:
Post a Comment