Slider

Bonjour!

Monday, July 14, 2008



I was able to take my dream trip this last month to Paris, France! Oh I almost forgot the side trip to Ljubljana, Slovenia. Rob had a work assignment in Ljulbjana, I have always wanted to visit Europe but wasn't sure Slovenia was for me. A week after Rob received the Ljubljana assignment he found out he would head to Paris afterwards. Sign my up! Wonderful friends watched the kids and I was boarding a plane to Europe! It was such a fun, relaxing, wonderful trip. Where to next?



View of a church in Ljubljana, there are churches everywhere. This is one that caught my eye. Ljubljana is east of Italy, considered eastern Europe. Lots of Italian influence including pizza and gelato, yumm.




A castle Rob and I walked around. This was in Bled, a little resort town about 45 minutes for Ljubljana. It was perched on top of a mountain with beautiful views of the town below.





View of apartments/cafes in Ljubljana. This area was about 5 minutes walking from our hotel. The European soccer competition was going on while in Europe. Every evening all the locals would spill out onto the streets watching to game at the cafes. You buy dinner and the table was yours for the evening.





Stairs I climbed to reach the top of yet another castle.

View from the corner street, hotel was right next door. What a sight! Welcome to Paris. I was proud of my solo traveling accomplishments. I flew from home to Ljubljana. Three days later flew into CDG airport (Paris), bought tickets and boarded a train, transferred to Metro, walked to hotel. Not sure I would make it but I did! Didn't even get mugged in the process.


View of the Arc de Triomphe. Rob was so happy to stand where the Tour de France ends their race every year. Maybe we can make it back next time to watch the tour ride through.

One of the columns on the Arc, it is so big to walk around


Arc de Triomphe

View of the Eiffel tower looking up. We made it to the top of the tower and watched the sun set at 10:30 p.m.!


Side view of the Notre Dame cathedral

View of Paris, atop the Notre Dame Cathedral



Arch at the Notre Dame


View at Musee' de Orsay looking at Montramarte

Artists painting at Montramarte, all I could think of was how much Madison would have enjoyed this part of the tour.

Sacred Heart cathedral at the top of Montramarte hill. The hill is so steep to climb that there are stairs to walk up or a people mover. My knees by this point of the trip choose the people mover!


This was my favorite church of the trip. If you go to Paris you have to visit here!! Sainte-Chapelle, jewel of the 13th century architecture with a wonderful collection of stained-glass. Each stained-glass section told a story from the Bible. The pictures do not do this chapel justice.


Another pic of Sainte-Chapelle


What trip would not be complete without a picture of Moulin Rouge

Pastries, can we just say heaven. I am not sure I can live with American bread. The French know how to do breads!

A cute little French street!



Stinky, molded, smelly cheese. Rob and I walked into a few cheese shops and had to hold our noses. I enjoy my fair share of cheeses but these were a little much. Especially considering my nausea level on this trip, I will pass for now.

No comments:

Contributors

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan