I can still remember the one summer that my younger sister had a tick attached to her scalp. I think that my parents tried every trick to try and get that bugger out of her head. Vaseline, lighting a match to blow out and then quickly pressing that next to the bug. After moving to the east coast everyone around us warned of ticks and even worse LYME DISEASE!! Rob or I would check the kids every night after they came ins. Last summer it became every other night and I think this summer we were on track for once a week.
I was working on Samantha's hair yesterday in preparation for her dance rehearsal and she said, "mom there is a bug crawling on my arm." I quickly glanced down and said, "Samantha it is just a scab." Anyone that knows Samantha will attest that she is slightly dramatic. Once again she complained about a bug crawling on her arm. After the third complaint I looked closely and there was a bug burrowing into her arm. I tried to grab the little bugger with my fingers and finally had to run for the tweezers. I successfully plucked that thing from her arm, tick head and all. We have now resumed to a daily bug check.
After pulling this bug from Sam's arm she commented, "I have a runny nose, and a tick in my arm. I sure hope I don't get the swine flu next!"
Happy Summer
1 comment:
That is so funny-the swine flu comment! I love the things kids say and do. Way to go supermom for getting the tick out! I hate ticks! I'm glad they are not so prevalent here.
Post a Comment