Slider

Kitchen Remodel - week 2

Monday, December 20, 2010

The progress is slow...
Rob and I have always talked about remodeling our kitchen. The floral wallpaper wasn't really my style. While we were at it why not knock out the soffet, put down new flooring and place a new countertop :) The fridge was also making noises, like a gerbils had become trapped.

Money has been saved, $10k to be exact and we are trying REALLY hard to stay within that budget. S needs braces this year and I would really like both projects to be completely finished. In order to stay within budget Rob and I will be the planners, workers and financers, etc. Some of my wants are going to have to give but I still think in the end it will be beautiful. Time frame is completion May 1st, a little bit of a joke but maybe not when I am still blogging about kitchen remodel in April.

This past weekend Rob was able to drill the holes in the ceiling for recessed lights, we spaced them throughout the kitchen area 18 inches away from the cabinets and about 4 feet apart. I am nervous about how much light they will give off. Everything I have read, measured and tallied says we should be in business. Also planning on installing two pendant lights over our "bar" area and one pendant light over the kitchen sink.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


New form of entertainment for the kids, turn on the oven lights and watch the cookies brown...wow!

No comments:

Contributors

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan