After a few very long nights/days Rob and I were able to install our kitchen floor. I don't think my knees will ever be the same. We lived on plywood for a few days and it was such a messy dusty mess. Jo was shocked that I let her wear shoes in the house :) She kept running in circles around the main floor loop. We pulled out the banister and continued the floor into the powder room and front entryway. We decided on Congloeum. I was about 2 minutes away from ordering laminate flooring at Home Depot and then changed my mind, so glad that I did. Rob was able to find these tile/linoleum squares online (carpet-wholesale.com) for about half the price of any stores around here. They have the look of slate, warmth of laminate and laying properties similar to tile. So happy w/ our choice. We are almost near the finish line and so excited. My last decision is back splash. Painted bee-board or stamped tin squares. I will be uploading pics of the bee-board and tin squares. Maybe we will have another vote :) Our kitchen budget is spent...the last thing we have to buy is another gallon of paint for the cabinets and the back splash. We have about $400 worth of returns in our garage. Hope to bring the final total down to $10,500 and be done with our mammoth project.
1 comment:
The new floor looks great! I can just imagine how huge that job was and how sore you must have been the next day.
Post a Comment