Slider

When in Venice

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Beautiful view out our car window as we drove from Levanto and made our way east to Venice
Sad to say goodbye to the Oceanside and vespa free traffic
 
I had set-up a midway point along our route to Venice
Acetaia di Giorgio, a company that offers balsamic vinegar tasting tours.
The company is located in Modena, Italy
Any balsamic bottle I have looked at is produced in Modena
A foodies dream...
Rob and I drove into the town and were a few minutes early, we ventured into the town square and had a look around and then decided to see if we could start the tour early
Glad we left when we did, came across the tour location which was a nice home surrounded by gates.  I buzzed the gate and talked to the owner of the home and company.  She had been waiting all yesterday to give us the tour.  I thought it was set for today.  What a sad moment when I realized I was not going to get my vinegar tour :(
 
Tried to make up for it with a quick stop in Bologna and ended up getting 7-11 type Stromboli's
Not the wisest food decision on our trip
 
Found a gelato shop to sooth our tummies
which ended up being the second best gelato of the trip
 

Hoped in the car for another 2 hours and discovered this magical city
We were not anticipating loving Venice as much as we did
It is a wonderful city to walk, explore and people watch
It feels like a Disneyland ride that doesn't end
 

Neighborhood boys playing in the streets
 
Getting lost in the city and loving it!
 

 
I LOVE PIZZA!
 

St. Mark's basilica
 
View of the Bridge of Sighs, lead from Doge's Palace to the prison
 


"Special Toast" = divine expensive veggie loaded bruchetta that I would go back and order again in a heartbeat
 

Sampling the crepes in Italy, we will leave that up to the Parisian, they do a much better job
 
Window shopping in Murano, a quick boat ride from the main area of Venice
 

Views of Venice on our return ride from Murano
 
St. Mark's square
a magical place at night
two cafes had live 5-6 person orchestras playing during the evening, crowds would gather and listen, I could watch and be bothered by boys selling cheap light up toys and pinch myself wondering if I really was in Venice
 
After dashing into a café on our last night in Venice to avoid a massive downpour
 I savoured my last Italian pizza
 
My cute little cat, Venetian mask and all
 
Italy has a place in our hearts and a return visit in waiting

No comments:

Contributors

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan