Vacations on the beach...
what a great mid-trip way to relax
Sunsets, gelato, hiking, fresh seafood
The trip continued on in Cinque Terre
Cinque Terre are five villages nestled along the coast of Italy
We were cheap and stayed in a town above the 5 villages
Our home base was Levanto,
we enjoyed a lovely B&B with beautiful views, delicious breakfast and a creek running through the backyard
Started the hiking day in clouds and mist
Made for a beautiful landscape once we climbed high enough
Stone art outside the yard of a B&B
Our first village; Monterosso
5 mile hike from Levanto
One of the many pics Rob snapped while watching the helicopter drop
It made at least 30 drops as we were hiking along the trail, I guess helicopters are more efficient than wheel barrowing all the goods into the hillside yard
A view of Vernazza
3 mile hike from Monterosso to Vernazza
Typical mountainside trellis
Our worst meal of the trip!! Dry, dry foccocia and stuffed zucchini. Not only were they stuffed w/ cheese but also some sort of fish. Not the surprise I was hoping for.
Gelato made up for it
View of Riomaggiore from our boat taxi
Had to take this picture for memory sake, the lady sitting behind Rob did not shut her mouth the entire 30 minute boat ride. We both felt bad for her husband.
Another view of Riomaggiore
Views of Manarola during our vineyard walk
View of the Cemetery in Manarola
Waiting on the town park bench for the train
Hubby get an afternoon snack compliments of the town's orange tree
We made up for our awful lunch with a delicious fresh seafood dinner
*mussels, tomato & mozzarella
*Spinach ravioli
*Swordfish & beef
*Cherry chocolate cake
Rob declared these to be the "best mussels ever." I tried one figuring if I were to try mussels they should be the best I could ever try. Once was enough for me, I let him enjoy the rest of the bowl
It was a wonderful way to end our siesta at the beach
No comments:
Post a Comment