Slider

Here fishy, fishy

Monday, August 14, 2017

Piranha fishing...
A piranha or piraƱa is a member of family Characidae in order Characiformes, an omnivorous freshwater fish that inhabits South American rivers. In Venezuela, they are called caribes. They are known for their sharp teeth and powerful jaws.

After all the things I had heard about piranha's from movies like...Finding Nemo and the like I was expecting a big ferocious fish 
We dropped our lines into the water with a bit of raw meat attached and started catching these little guys
They did have teeth that looked super sharp and while we were on this river cruise I was reading the book, River of Doubt.  It talks about President's Roosevelt's journey down parts of the undiscovered Amazon.  During one part of the book it talks about a man entering the water with a small cut and being consumed by Piranhas.  I just thought they would be a bit larger in size
During this part of the boat trip we made sure Gwen wasn't dragging her hands in the water


Gwen caught this fish all by herself!
They were fairly simple to catch; attach a bit of raw meat (I left that to Rob or Jo), drop the line in the water and hit the surface of the water with the tip of the bamboo and then a quick tug when you felt something grab the line 







No comments:

Contributors

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan