I am always laughing about things my kids say, this last week has been no exception. Samantha was looking through a scrapbook that I had made. It had pictures of Rob and I when we were living in San Francisco, no kids, no worries, working couple, eating out all the time! Samantha came to a picture and stopped for a minute. She then asked, "Mom, can boys be pregnant?""No honey," I answered. There have been so many pregnancy questions lately that I paid no attention.
"Mom, dad looks really fat in this picture! Why does Dad look so fat?"
I told her that was before he liked to ride his bike and exercise.
"Why would you marry a fat boy mommy?"
Oh the frankness of a 6 year old. It is often refreshing to live with my little ones. There is no hiding or holding back, which most of the time is a good thing. They tell you how it is. Anyway, Rob has lost a lot of weight over the years thank you to a mistress that sits in the garage, even on the cold nights. He has really been keeping it off lately, thanks to $4 gallon gas he has been riding into/home from work everyday. Thanks to Samantha for keeping things in perspective she will tell you how it is.
1 comment:
Unfortunitly, I am back to the "fat boy" as my mistress sits lonely in the garage day after day. Running will now have to be my way of keeping it off, and so far I haven't done a good job of it.
Post a Comment